Board Member, Director, in charge of Electric Power Industry & New and Renewable Energy Unit
Fields of Study: Energy Supply and Demand Analysis and Forecasting, Global Warming, Energy Conservation and Renewable Energy Policy, Standardization for GHG related activities (ISO)
< Education >
|1989-1991||M. A., Environment Science, Tsukuba University|
|1979-1983||B. A., Department of Environment and Health, Azabu University|
< Employment History >
|1983-1989||Pigeon Co., Chemical Analysis, Planning Division|
|1991-present||The Institute of Energy Economics, Japan (IEEJ)
|1997-1999||Resources for the Future (U.S.A.), Visiting scholar|
|1999-2009||Azabu University lecturer (Natural Resources and Energy, part-time)|
|2006-2007||Tokyo University Graduate School of Public Policy part-time lecturer(Energy and Climate Change policy)|
|2004-present||Tokyo University Graduate School of Frontier Sciences part-time lecturer (Environment Economics)|
- Participate as committee/working group members related to climate change policy (including emissions trading scheme) and renewable energy policy organized by METI(Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry), MOE(Ministry of Environment), Tokyo Metropolitan Government, Saitama Prefecture, and others
- UNFCCC, The Joint Implementation Supervisory Committee (JISC), Member(2007-2010), (2015-2016(term of membership)), Alternate(2005-2006, 2011-2014)
- ISO TC207/SC7, Member of Japanese Delegation(2003-present) & Chairman of Japanese Mirror Committee
(2009-present), participating the following ISO/TC207/SC7 standard development process related to GHG
accounting, reporting and verifying.
>ISO 14064-1; Greenhouse gases - Specification with guidance at the organization level for quantification and reporting of greenhouse gas emissions and removals
>ISO 14064-2; Greenhouse gases - Specification with guidance at the project level for quantification, monitoring and reporting of greenhouse gas emission reductions or removal enhancements
>ISO 14064-3; Greenhouse gases - Specification with guidance for the validation and verification of greenhouse gas assertions
>ISO 14065; Greenhouse gases - Requirements for greenhouse gas validation and verification bodies for use in accreditation or other forms of recognition
>ISO 14066; Greenhouse gases — Competence requirements for greenhouse gas validation teams and verification teams
>ISO/TS 14067; Carbon footprint of products - Requirements and guidelines for quantification and communication
>ISO/TR 14069; Greenhouse gases - Quantification and reporting of GHG emissions for organizations - Guidance for the application of ISO 14064-1
- Convener of ISO TC207/SC7/WG5 (2014-present): Revision of ISO 14064-2 “Greenhouse gases - Specification with guidance at the project level for quantification, monitoring and reporting of greenhouse gas emission reductions or removal enhancements”
- Convener of ISO TC17/WG21 (2009-2013) to develop the following standards;
>ISO 14404-1; Calculation method of carbon dioxide emission intensity from iron and steel production - Part 1: Steel plant with blast furnace
>ISO 14404-2; Calculation method of carbon dioxide emission intensity from iron and steel production - Part 2: Steel plant with electric arc furnace (EAF)
- Convener of ISO TC17/WG24 (2015-)
ISO 20915; Life Cycle Inventory Calculation Methodology for steel products
Research Papers(in English):
- 1. Shigeru AMANO, Hiroki KUDO, "Business Cycles and Energy Demand", Energy in Japan, No. 117, 1992.
- 2. Hiroki KUDO, Tomoo ISHINO, "How To Interpret Short-Term Energy Demand Trend", Energy in Japan, No. 119, 1993.
- 3. Hiroki KUDO, "Residential Energy Consumption and Conservation Reviewed from the Aspect of Behaviors in Living", Energy in Japan, No. 124, 1993.
- 4. Hiroki KUDO, "Status-Quo and Subjects of Commitments to Global Warming", Energy in Japan, No. 130, 1994.
- 5. Hisao KIBUNE, Hiroki KUDO, "Changes in Japan's Economic/Social Structures and Long Term Energy Supply-Demand Perspectives", Energy in Japan, No. 138, 1996.
- 6. Hisao KIBUNE, Hiroki KUDO, "Structural Changes in Japan's Economy and Society and Outlook for Long-Term Energy Supply and Demand", Energy Policy, Vol. 24, No. 12, 1996.
- 7. Hiroki KUDO, Shuichi FUKUMOTO, "Post-Heisei Boom Energy Supply and Demand Structure and Short-Term Perspectives ? A Factor Analysis of Energy Demand Kept Growing amid Economic Stagnation and A Short-Term Forecast?", Energy in Japan, No. 144, 1997.
- 8. Hiroki Kudo, "U.S. Green Power Marketing: Detail, Prospects and Implication for Japan's power market", IEEJ Home Page (http://eneken.ieej.or.jp), May 2000
- 9. Hiroki Kudo, "How Can We Evaluate Environmental Tax?", IEEJ Home Page (http://eneken.ieej.or.jp), October 2000.
- 10. Junko Ogawa, Hiroki Kudo, “Japan's Ratification of the Kyoto Protocol: Significance and Forthcoming Challenges”, IEEJ Home Page (http://eneken.ieej.or.jp), June 2002.
- 11. Hiroki Kudo, "Significance of the Kyoto Mechanisms as a Countermeasure to Global Warming - Putting the Mechanisms to Good Use and Future Perspective -", IEEJ Home Page (http://eneken.ieej.or.jp), March 2002
- 12. Yoshiki OGAWA, Hiroki KUDO, Kanji OTA, Yuichi OKI, Kotaro SAITO, “Research on Contribution of Steel Products to Society-wide Energy Conservation from LCA Perspectives”, IEEJ Home Page (http://eneken.ieej.or.jp), November 2002.
- 13. Hiroki Kudo, “Impact Assessment of Advancing IT Orientation on Forms of Energy Use”, IEEJ Home Page (http://eneken.ieej.or.jp), December 2002.
- 14. Hiroki Kudo, “Domestic and Overseas Trends in Measures to Combat Global Warming and Future Prospects”, IEEJ Home Page (http://eneken.ieej.or.jp), March 2003.
- 15. Shinichi Nakakuki, Hiroki Kudo, “Discussion Points in Japan's Renewable Energy Promotion Policy -Effect, Impact and Issues of the Japanese RPS-, IEEJ Home Page (http://eneken.ieej.or.jp), September 2003
- 16. Hiroki Kudo, “Strategy for Global Warming Countermeasures in Europe and Implications for Japan”, IEEJ Home Page (http://eneken.ieej.or.jp), April 2004.
- 17. Seong-Hee Kim, Hiroki Kudo, “Sectoral Approaches -Concept and Application-“, IEEJ Home Page (http://eneken.ieej.or.jp), November 2008.
- 18. Hiroki Kudo, “Special Bulletin; Government Presents Draft GHG Emission Reduction Target”, IEEJ Energy Journal Vol. 10, No. 3, 2015.
Activity on Committee etc.
- International Association for Energy Economics ; IAEE
- Japan Society of Energy and Resources ; JSER
- Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies ; SEEPS