Senior Economist, Assistant Director, Manager, Energy and Economic Analysis Group (EEA), Energy Data and Modelling Center (EDMC)
Specialty: Quantitative analysis, projection and statistical analysis
|August 2012||Senior Economist, Institute of Energy Economics, Japan (IEEJ)|
|January 2009||Energy Analyst, International Energy Agency (IEA)|
|April 2008||Group Leader, IEEJ|
|April 2005||Senior Economist, IEEJ|
|April 1996||Economist, IEEJ|
|March 1996||Master of Administration Engineering, Science and Technology, Keio University Graduate School|
|March 1994||Bachelor of Administration Engineering, Science and Technology, Keio University|
Research papers :
- "Population decline and electricity demand in Japan: myth and facts,"
IEEJ Energy Journal, Vol. 10, No. 3, 2015, pp.10-18.
- "LNG became Japan’s largest import item – Growing importance of inexpensive
and stable LNG procurement,” (2015).
- "Japan’s Crude Oil Imports Down to below 200 GL
– Imports in 2014 fell to a quarter-century low with spending expanding six-fold," (2015).
- "Get to Know the "Tendencies” in the Oil Demand Forecasts – OPEC is slightly bearish. IEA and DOE/EIA tend to linger in the pats. Stickiness exists in the forward term forecasts –," IEEJ Energy Journal, Vol. 10, No. 1, 2015, pp.59-70.
- "Ukraine Crisis: Costs of Economic Sanctions against Russia for Japan Concern about damage from energy embargo – Be prepared for unexpected developments," (2014).
- "Energy spending per household in 2013 hit new high above JPY300,000," (2014).
- "Thermal Power Generation Falls below 50% in OECD Europe
- Improvement in CO2 emissions intensity for electricity remains limited," (2014).
- "Increase in LPG imports from the United States due to the Shale Revolution,"
IEEJ Energy Journal, Vol. 9, No. 3, 2014, pp.17-21.
- "Japan’s trading losses reach JPY20 trillion," IEEJ Energy Journal, Vol. 9, No. 2, 2014, pp.29-37.
- "A different view to fiscal break even oil prices," IEEJ Energy Journal, Vol. 9, No. 1, 2014, pp.79-85.
- "Price risk reduction effect by importing shale gas – How much would importing U.S. domestic
natural gas price linked LNG contribute to depress fluctuation in import price? –,"
IEEJ Energy Journal, Vol. 8, No. 3, 2013, pp.58-66
- "The burden reduction effects of importing U.S. LNG for Japan
– Can the shale gas revolution offset the impacts of suspended nuclear power generation? –,"
IEEJ Energy Journal, Vol. 8, No. 2, 2013, pp.10-19.
- "Impacts of shale gas revolution on natural gas and coal demand – Power generation mixes in both sides of Atlantic swung with natural gas price in the U.S. –," (2013)
- "Do U.S. consumers reap benefit from discounted WTI?," (2013)
- "Structure for Pass-Through of Oil Price to Gasoline Price in Japan – Effect of Depreciation of the Yen on the Rise of Gasoline Price –," IEEJ Energy Journal, Vol. 7, No. 3, 2012, pp.55-67.
- "Impact of Rising Oil Prices on the Macro Economy," IEEJ Energy Journal, Vol. 7, No. 3, 2012, pp.48-54.
- "Impacts of Income Disparity on Household Energy Consumption," IEEJ Energy Journal, Vol. 7, No. 2, 2012, pp.36-41.
- "Estimation of Price Elasticity of Energy Demand in Japan Considering Socio economic Structure Changes," IEEJ Energy Journal, Vol. 7, No. 1, 2012, pp.56-70.
- "Reconsidering Oil Prices Based on Supply and Demand Factors – Breakdown of Surging Oil Price into Supply/Demand and Non-Supply/Demand Factors –," IEEJ Energy Journal, Vol. 6, No. 3, 2011, pp.28-35.
- "Relationship among oil price, economy and oil market in the U.S. – Estimation of effective WTI price based on oil supply and demand and economic situation and applied analyses –," IEEJ Energy Journal, Vol. 6, No. 3, 2011, pp.19-27.
- "Trade-off in energy efficiencies and efficient frontier – Relationship between GDP intensity and energy consumption per capita and what it means –" (2011)
- "Relationship among crude oil prices, share prices and exchange rates – Do higher share prices and weaker dollar lead to higher crude oil prices? –" (2010)
- "Impact Analysis on Gasoline Demand and CO2 Emissions of the Reduction in Expressway Toll, Free Expressways and Repeal of Temporary Tax on Gasoline," IEEJ Energy Journal, Vol. 5, No. 1, 2010, pp.53-64.
- "Usefulness of the Forward Curve in Forecasting Oil Prices" (2009)
- "Estimation and Decomposition Analysis of Fundamental Prices and Premium of Crude Oil Prices – Focused on Decomposition Analysis of Premium from Financial Viewpoint –" (2008)
- "Background of Surging Oil Prices and Market Expectation Seen in Options" (2008)
- "Decomposition Analysis of the Soaring Crude Oil Prices – Analyzing the Effects of Fundamentals and Premium –," IEEJ Energy Journal, Vol. 3, No. 2, 2008, pp.30-47.
- "Has the Steep Rise in Gasoline Price Changed the Consumption Style? – Estimation of Price Elasticity and Evaluation of Impact –" (2008)
- "Evaluation of Energy Conservation Investment Cost in Manufacturing using Production Function – Marginal Rate of Substitution between Capital and Energy in Steel, Chemical, Non-Metallic Minerals, Paper and Non-Raw Materials –" (2007)
- "Economic and Energy Outlook of Japan through FY2016 – Is low oil price a silver bullet?," IEEJ Energy Journal, Vol. 10, No. 4, 2015, Forthcoming
- "Toward Choosing Energy Mix," (2015).
- "Economic and Energy Outlook of Japan for FY2015 – What about benefit of oil price plunge for stagnating Japanese economy after VAT increase?," IEEJ Energy Journal, Vol. 10, No. 2, 2015, pp.1-25.
- "Asia/World Energy Outlook 2014," (2014).
- "Modelling the potential for industrial energy efficiency in IEA’s World Energy Outlook," Energy Efficiency, Vol. 8, Issue 1, 2015, pp. 155-169.
- "Economic and Energy Outlook of Japan towards FY2015 – Energy risk casts a shadow over the recovery of the Japanese economy –," (2014).
- "Economic and Energy Outlook of Japan for FY2014 – Japan is reaching a crucial moment –," IEEJ Energy Journal, Vol. 9, No. 1, 2014, pp.62-78.
- "The economic impact of the introduction of hydrogen into Japan’s energy system towards 2050," IEEJ Energy Journal, Vol. 8, No. 4, 2013, pp.51-82.
- "Asia/World Energy Outlook 2013" (2013)
- "Economic and Energy Outlook towards FY2014 —Japan’s economy gets back on track and energy demand starts to increase—," IEEJ Energy Journal, Vol. 8, No. 3, 2013, pp.1-17
- "The Scope of Fossil–Fuel Subsidies in 2009 and a Roadmap for Phasing Out Fossil–Fuel Subsidies" An IEA, OECD and World Bank Joint Report for the G–20 Summit (2010)
- "Analysis of the Scope of Energy Subsidies and Suggestions for the G–20 Initiative" An IEA, OECD and World Bank Joint Report for the G–20 Meeting of Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (2010)
- "Asia/World Energy Outlook 2007 – Focusing on China and India –" (2008)
- "Japan Long–Term Energy Outlook – A Projection up to 2030 under Environmental Constraints and the Changing Energy Markets –" (2006)
- "China's Economic and Energy Situation and an Impact Analysis of Appreciation of the Yuan"(2006)