The National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS) and the
Institute of Energy Economics, Japan (IEEJ) will co-host this event by
inviting Dr. Fatih Birol, Executive Director, International Energy Agency
(IEA). Dr. Birol will speak about rapidly changing global energy
landscape. There will be a QA session from the floor.
In Japan, the revision of the Basic Energy Plan is being discussed. While setting a target to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 80% by 2050 as a measure against climate change, the long-term energy policy in the view towards 2050 is also examined. In this regard, how to see the global energy landscape in the future is also attracting much attention.
Regarding the global energy in the future, rapid change that has not been seen before is anticipated by not only the climate change countermeasure after the Paris agreement, but also the price of crude oil, geopolitical instability such as the Middle East region, expansion of renewable energy such as solar and wind power and the impact from technological innovation such as EV, IOT and AI.
This event will offer a valuable opportunity to get directly the perspectives of the top of the IEA, which provides authoritative research and analysis on such global energy landscape.
1. Co-hosts: The National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS)
The Institute of Energy Economics, Japan (IEEJ)
2. Date & Time: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 10:50am – 12:10am(Registration 10:20am - )
3. Venue: Sokairou Hall, GRIPS
7-22-1 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-8677
*Please enter from the South Gate to get to Soukairo Hall.
4. Program: (Tentative)
10:20 – 10:50 Registration
＜10:50～10:55 Opening Remarks＞
Dr. Atsushi Sunami, Vice President, GRIPS
“Rapidly Changing Global Energy Landscape - Perspectives toward 2050 –“(Tentative)
Dr. Fatih Birol, Executive Director, IEA
＜11:45～12:05 QA session＞
＜12:05～12:10 Closing Remarks＞
Dr. Ken Koyama, Managing Director, Chief Economist, IEEJ
* Language: English/Japanese (Simultaneous translation will be provided)
5. Participation Fee: Free
6. Registration: Please register by the link below.
Please submit a registration form to the reception.
7. Registration Deadline: Friday, 23 February, 2018
* If the number exceeds the capacity, we may close the registration before the deadline.
* Programs are subject to change. In such case, we will inform you on our website. Thank you for your understanding.
General Planning Group, Planning Administration Unit, IEEJ TEL：03-5547-0211