Welcome to the 3rd IAEE Asian Conference
Dear Energy Professionals
We are pleased to announce that the 3rd IAEE Asian Conference, entitled " Growing Energy Demand, Energy Security and the Environment in Asia - Challenges under enormous uncertainty -", will be held in Kyoto, Japan on February 20-22, 2012.
Energy demand growth in the coming decades is expected to be mostly in the non-OECD countries, specifically the developing countries in Asia. This demand growth will have significant impacts on energy security and the environment not only in Asia but the world as a whole in the situation of the growing social and political instability in the North Africa and the Middle East and after the severe accident of the Fukushima nuclear power plant which would affect the future of the nuclear power plant in the world and demand and supply of the fossil and renewable energy.
The conference will focus on these issues, however, in the spirit of the
IAEE, contributions from all fields of energy economics and policy are invited.
The Conference welcomes participants from Asia, as well as from any part
of the world.
Topics in plenary, dual plenary and concurrent sessions will include :
- Long Term Energy Outlook in Asia
- Geopolitics of Energy in Asia
- Geopolitics of Climate Change Policy in Asia
- Growing Energy Demand and Environment in Asia
- Oil Market in Asia
- Gas Market in Asia
- Coal Market in Asia
- Electricity Market in Asia
- Demand and Supply of Renewable Energy in Asia
- New Dimension of the Nuclear Power Plant Development in Asia.
- Energy Conservation and Efficiency in Asia
- Evolving Technologies and Energy Use in the Transportation Sector in Asia
- Unconventional Fossil Fuels in Asia
- Energy Modeling
- Energy and the Economy
- Energy Investment and Finance
We welcome you to the 3rd IAEE Asian Conference in Kyoto, Japan.
General Conference Chair
Chairman & CEO The Institute of Energy Economics, Japan